Our Favourite Five Stories
We've read three of our Favourite Five stories so far. Can you remember what they are?
What is our new story for today? Some of you may know this story already.
It's called The Smartest Giant in Town by Julia Donaldson. You will definitely know other stories written by this author. She wrote the stories, The Gruffalo, Room on the Broom, Stick Man and many more! Axel Scheffler is the illustrator. He did the amazing pictures in the story.
The Smartest Giant in Town
What a kind-hearted giant! I think he should be called the kindest giant in town!
Can you remember...
- What was the giant's name?
- Which animal did he meet first?
- Why were they so sad?
- What did the giant do to make them happy again?
- Why do you think the animals decide to call the giant the kindest giant in town?
- What did he do to help them?
- What does it mean to be kind to someone?
- Can you think of a time when someone has been kind to you?
- Think about what different things make people feel sad. What things can we do to make them feel happy again?
This is a lovely book called How Are You Feeling Today? written by Molly Potter and illustrated by Sarah Jennings. It's full of lots of helpful ideas for dealing with all of our different feelings. I thought today we could look at the page all about what to do if you're feeling sad. These are good ideas both for ourselves and for helping other people when they feel sad too.
I hope you enjoyed today's story. We will be reading all of our stories lots more times when we come back to nursery. Which is your favourite so far? I wonder what our last story will be tomorrow?
See you then and you'll find out!